Thursday, January 3, 2013

Well, Hello 2013

Being this is the first post of the new year, I figured I'd share some of my goals and thoughts with you for 2013. 

Embrace Color
I've always shied away from using color too much in home decorating and in my wardrobe. This year I am determined to add more color in my life and surround myself with things that make me happy....which are usually more colorful.

Read More
Pretty standard and vague but 2012 didn't have a high book count, unfortunately, and I'd like to change that. Less TV more diving into the written word. Including my Bible.

Play
My girls are getting so imaginative and I want to make more of an effort to let the dishes/ laundry/projects wait and get on the floor and play with them. This time is short and I have to get with it while I still can. 
Empty plastic cup of coffee? Count me in!
 
Host
I got this idea from Allison who included this on her resolution list. She is planning to have people over to her home more often... and I think it's a great idea. When we are in our in-between houses (like we are now) I never feel like having people over because it isn't 'my space' and that gets me in kind of a rut. So this year I plan to be a hostess more often. Those of you who live close to me, be prepared a supper/coffee date may be in your future!
 
Encourage
I have been inspired over this past Christmas season with all the talk of random acts of kindness, with one friend in particular actually (who did a different 'act' for every day in December leading up to Christmas). She did it with her kids and I think she got a lot out of it. So I have challenged myself to encourage others, through words and action. Doing random acts throughout the year for friends, family, and strangers. Praying God will help me with this one....I may have to step out of my comfort zone, eek!


Anyways, there you have it! Being not much of a resolution keeper I figured these were quite realistic and possible. Of course I have the desire to exercise more, eat less, perfect myself in other areas yada yada. But those type of 'goals' (for me anyways) end up making me feel like a failure more than being inspired and staying positive. And no one needs that.

Hello 2013, I think you're going to be a great year!